- I'm very happy for site visitors to email me if they have a question, comment, or new bit of information (heyJohnBear@outlook.com). However, please DON'T ask me to give valuations.
- I am especially interested in obtaining photographs of the original Agfa Solinette. This is a model that
theoreticallyexists, but I have been searching for an image since May 2016.
- This website was first indexed by Google on 17th August 2014.
It is also listed on DMOZ - the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web (and is the first website I have ever managed to get listed).Sadly DMOZ closed on 17/03/2017.
- It's pages have been hand-coded using a text editor
, and pass W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional and CSS validation(see 06/11/2015 note in the right-hand panel).
- The site uses a liquid layout to accommodate different screen sizes
- Although there is a traditional
Indexpage, site navigation and search engine optimisation has been designed to allow any page to function as the entry point for visitors.
- Cameras are grouped by type: folder, viewfinder, rangefinder, and SLR, and within each of these headings, the cameras are alphabetically ordered by manufacturer, and sub-ordered by first production date (or sometimes alphabetically).
- A graphic link (as seen above) at the foot of each page allows visitors to scroll through the cameras within each type.
- A second link at the foot of each page goes to the off-site user manual for that camera. Where I have been unable to locate an on-line manual the image is grey.
- Other websites that have provided codes or services to this site have been acknowledged on my links page.
- All images and graphics displayed are original, or - in the case of the latter - have been re-created with significant changes.
- I am happy for any of the text, images and graphics on this site to be used elsewhere, but please don't claim anything copied to be your own work! I quite often see my descriptions used on eBay, but I guess that's OK?